“The officers found a Caucasian male slumped against a wall in a bathroom, unresponsive,” the Royal Bahamas Police Force said. “The woman was also unresponsive. Both individuals showed signs of convulsion. The officers examined the bodies and found no signs of trauma.”
Convulsion is a classic sign of organophosphate poisoning. In the tropics, this occurs as the result of aggressive mosquito control, and protection of wood frame structures, using insecticides not approved for this use in the U.S. This last happened in 2019. (CNN) Colorado couple: We were sickened at same Dominican Republic resort where 3 Americans died.
How ironic, given the current focus.